VGD seeks a creative, passionate designer to join our creative team. Located in Manhattan, our award-winning digital advertising agency solves communications challenges using creative and technical business solutions. You will work side-by-side with our Creative Directors and create and evolve the look, feel and usability of client campaigns, websites, web-based products and applications.
The ideal candidate will know the value of integrated communications, be responsible for developing highly innovative design solutions and compelling brand and customer experiences. This is a unique opportunity to grow with the company and to deliver what clients crave – creativity, technology, and strategy from experts who care about their business.
- Assist the Creative Director in the development of creative concepts and design executions for Web, Print, Digital and TV Integrated Ad Campaigns; creating mock-ups, site navigation, storyboards, interactive elements, motion graphics and video.
- Work with technical project managers and front-end developers to ensure interaction and visual design is consistent with user interface requirements and usability best practices.
- Produce visual content that is consistent with established brand guidelines.
- Translate creative briefs and user experience documentation into engaging visual design.
- Define design style guides and specifications to pass on to development teams.
- Must be able to coordinate work on a variety of projects simultaneously and have an acute attention to detail and accuracy.
- Attend meetings, brainstorm creative concepts, and ensure creative elements are aligned with desired strategic outcomes.
Seeking a dynamic individual who is highly creative and passionate about developing impactful visual communications and branding. A motivated self-starter who partners well with others.
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in web design and interactive media.
- In-depth industry knowledge. Clearly understands and is able to articulate the limitations and possibilities of the space.
- Required Skills:
- Bonus Skills:
- Animation/Motion Graphics
- Video Editing
- Music/Sound Design
- UX/UI Work
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in Graphic Design or related.
- Ability to clearly articulate design and user experience perspectives.
- Strong ability to understand clients’ needs and provide creative solutions and recommendations.
- Must be a self-motivated, well organized individual who pays close attention to detail and is able to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment.
- Team player with the ability to be a strong creative contributor and collaborator.
- Strong communication skills. Effectively collaborates with other designers, developers, project managers, and others involved in design projects.
For over 40 years, Vanguard has been providing a wide variety of integrated marketing services to clients nationwide. Our company currently offers a wide spectrum of communication and marketing services, including promotional product selection and curation, multi-faceted printing capabilities, world-class graphic design, and high-level interactive design and support. Our client base crosses the spectrum from government and education to health care facilities and private sector businesses. Our promotional products division, Vanguard Promotions, combines product expertise and concierge level service with graphic design capabilities, packaging, kitting, fulfillment and distribution to give your brand a clear and consistent look and feel.
We are based in New York City with offices in NJ, CT and PA.
We offer competitive salary, plus incentive and comprehensive benefits package.
Vanguard Direct provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vanguard Direct complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To all recruitment agencies/staffing firms: Vanguard does not accept candidate resumes. Please do not solicit or forward resumes to our employees. Vanguard is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.