We are looking for a Program Account Manager who will serve as the principal point of representation and liaison with external and internal Clients for service and operational matters on high value enterprise-level accounts. Vanguard provides these Clients print and web-based services, so the successful candidate will have expertise in both these areas.
This is a Client-facing position with the ability to interpret needs, understand operations and workflow, be able to speak intelligently regarding Vanguard’s deployed services and be able to access and navigate Client infrastructure, our internal resources and partners.
- Serve as the primary point of contact of day-to-day interactions with the Client addressing all communications, projects, questions, recurring conference calls, operational needs with print and web systems and workflow, managing new and ongoing transactional programs
- Manage ongoing client objectives, expectations and timelines, communicating changes and direction to internal team members as well as third-party suppliers. Handle Client issues response support in a timely and accurate manner
- Initiate project proposals to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives and coordinate with Project Management team on SOW development
- Create and maintain Client Service documentation and workflows related to project implementations as well as overall program operations
- Work independently while contributing to group, team and organizational goals and objectives
- Understand and assess customer requirements and evaluate process improvement opportunities
- Maintain proficiency as subject matter expert on both Vanguard and Client applications
- Demonstrated experience in managing relationships at different levels of the organization that blend both Client Service and technical skills
- Experience and exposure to both print and web applications including development, implementation and support
- Comfortable reading technical specification documents and crafting business requirements for building new systems and solutions
- Understanding of rules-driven business communication solutions that drive both traditional print as well as online service delivery
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job
- Recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately. Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external Clients and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand
- Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations
- Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal Vanguard team members and to external Clients
- Familiarity with Visio or similar workflow/process charting tools
- Enthusiastic about digital transformation and technologies
Vanguard is an award-winning, integrated marketing communications agency that provides strategic solutions for Creative, Digital, and Promo. We are innovative problem solvers, strategic creatives and execution experts who make a real difference for our clients. We are based in New York City with offices in NJ, CT, and PA.
Vanguard Direct is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We are currently unable to sponsor visas. Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.